The great fan response to our modern-day Poison tribute has been eye-opening. Here's why.
- Big gap in the "A" circuit tribute market for Poison. No such advantage for competing tributes to Journey, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Led Zepplin, Bob Seger, Pink Floyd, Eagles, The Beatles, and so many more.
- Poison has 2.2 million Facebook Likes (targetable fans). That's more than classic-rock giants like Steve Miller Band, Bad Company, ELO, Heart, Deep Purple, REO Speedwagon, The Moody Blues, Cream, and many others.
- Poison has sold a whopping 50 million records and is the iconic band of their style and era.
- Poison's #1-around-the-world hit, Every Rose Has Its Thorn is still a staple across hit-radio formats today.
- Bret Michaels is a household name in his own right. Thanks to starring in some of the highest-rated reality TV shows of all time, few Americans aged 25 to 60 don't know him.
- Peak demographic is aged 38 to 58 and many younger fans, expecting a fun concert atmosphere, and over 60% female (the family "deciders" when it comes to entertainment choices).
- Shot of Poison's "extras" include CO2 jets, accompanying video presentation, free party favors, and our own female "Party Time Crew" as greeters and merchandisers.
- Shot of Poison's members are founders of successful tribute bands, long-time pros, who understand strong marketing materials, and invest in promotion. SOP's very first show, without a marketing video at the time, drew 338 paid, $8450 GBOR. The band aims to stand out, and bring a fun, raucous, arena-rock-style atmosphere to every venue.